Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to Reality...

Now we are all home!! )= Talking with Shawn and Camille last week... we hope the excitement of the cottages continues for the rest of the year!! Hopefully this blog will keep the interest alive!! I aim to keep you all apprised of plans, building material deals, and like Corey, a countdown until we go back to our beloved Novi. Also I will report the gossip that occurs down the Latimer train - regarding the cottages only - of course!!

For a bit of news, I hear that Rick has obtained all of his windows and premium decking materials free of cost!! That is very exciting. I believe that he is the first - but please correct me if I am wrong.

Attached are some pictures of the sites and the hard work that was involved this year. I am going to try to write once a week about the project - but be easy on me - since this is my first attempt at the blogging world!!



Aerial view of the sites




















Stake your claim!! Will this work??

9 comments:

Corey said...

Al, I'm so impressed! You did an awesome job. See, it's not that difficult, huh? You can write on your blog as you watch the Sox. So I didn't hear that news about Ricky yet. See how important the blog is? Now I know that bit of news!! Glad your enjoying my blog. By the way, I didn't write about this but I'll tell you it here. I was going over everyone's names today and when I got to Heath, she would not stop saying Heath. She kept saying it over and over again. I guess she either really likes the name or the person - - or maybe both!

Shawn Brace said...

Glad to see that you have started the bog!! We will look froward to all of your posts!!

Anonymous said...

Alison--awesome job! The momentum WILL continue. We have had an aweseome week up here with beautiful weather--I feel rather quilty saying it, but it is the truth. Hey, how about posting your Salsa recipe--I am sure I am not the only one who is wanting it!

Terry said...

Alison I like it alot
This will help keep interest up
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about the blog! I hope you do post every week. I like the poll that you have going. That is a good idea. We are very excited about the cabins and are already counting down the days until we can go back up and build them!

Shawn Brace said...

Allison I'm likin this blog. I already have stuff to put up in our cabin!! The excitement hasn't worn off yet, although I couldn't find the little cute rug at Beans I wanted for my cabin. I"ll have to look in Freeport.
Cami

Melanie Brace said...

Alison, I just heard about this website today. Well done!! I'm excited about it. Keep it going.

Anonymous said...

Alison--I'm so excited about your blog & the excitement each of you has for this project. It's a new day for all of us up there. Heath deserves a great deal of the credit for this whole idea (as does Devin.) Looking forward to your future blogs.
Uncle Bill

David said...

This is a great idea Alison. Your doing an excellent job and allowing me to remember the place that gives all of our family such joy and solitude. Due to my families recent delinquency it's really nice to see the pics. I can't wait to go back......hey, i'll trade spots with you! ha ha ha, I'm only kidding.