Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The People Have Spoken...

Here I am a week later... I was kind of hoping that I would be writing in 2 weeks... but, alas the people have spoken! (= And I am a blogger of the people! And by "people" I am talking about 3 of you! So it will be cemented as a weekly expose but I need help with this. I don't think the blog "Cousin Cottages" should just be about Alison's life - that kind of defeats the purpose of this site. So I'll be hoping for the information to keep pouring in! I'm sorry for the "now shut up" part of the cartoon - I obviously do not want you to shut up... it's just the only relevant cartoon I could find! (=

For those of you that did not get the subtle hint before ... IF YOU KNOW THE COLOR OF YOUR COTTAGE NOTIFY ME IMMEDIATELY!!!! I would really like to share the colors with everyone - so please call me. As you all know, I might not answer my phone but you can always leave me a message! I think I might need to resort to mind games to get information out of you all! (= OK, I have to share a little secret from my past. To get Shannon to wait on me hand and foot - when she was about 6 or 7... I would make a game out of everything. Our favorite show back in the day was "MacGyver." I liked how he could get out of anything and create weapons out of everyday items (sidenote... I married a MacGyver!!) but Shannon had a major crush on him. So I would always say, "Shannon, I am going to time you to see how long it will take you to get my book upstairs. If you don't make it in under 45 seconds, then the world will explode. We are all depending on you! Just like MacGyver, Shannon!" Oh, it's sad to think of what I did to her - but she was so excited and so into it! I think I might have to put a spin like that on the cottage info. I will have to come up with something good - as we are not kids anymore! )=

Speaking of not being kids anymore, we are all adults living on our own and responsible for our own finances. That brings me to this week's poll question. "Due to the decling economy, should we desize the cottage to a 12 x 12?" If you haven't already figured it out, this question comes from Heath! (big shocker, I know!)Here are some pictures of what Heath and I got for Christmas from my parents. I have not officially decided what our "theme" will be in our cottage - but I know that I want it very rustic/cabin-like - and with many different types of wildlife. Hence the loon rug and the mirror is perfect! See what you think...



Lastly, I will be posting a second "pumpkin recipe." I love this soup from Aunt Melanie so much and I don't know if everyone has it. It was featured at Kelly and Steve's wedding and most recently, at the Progressive Supper during Thanksgiving at the Cape. I made it this week - but I did not taste exactly like her creation. Aunt Melanie please let us know if you have a secret ingredient!

Have a great week guys! Hope to be hearing from you soon!

2 comments:

Corey said...

Of course, my opinion on the downsizing is a giant NO but if someone else wants to downsize, I say go for it!

Unknown said...

I love your mirror Alison! I saw something like that in LL beans, my favorite store, =) and thought that I could make something like that. There's was a little more simpler than yours; something I could maybe handle. =)
Also love the fact that you made shannon go do stuff for you. We used to do that with Garrett. I laugh as I write this, but in someways it's kinda sad. We used to tell Garrett to go get the games down stairs and we would time him to see how fast he could do it as well. Then when the games were over we'd make it him go put the games away cause he got them out. How cruel siblings can be at times, yet I don't think he is any worse for the wear. =)