Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Gloves Are Coming Off!!

Hello one and all! There is something very special that I have to report... Look at the Countdown Clock. It is reading (at this present moment) 199 days! We are under the 200 day mark until we go back to Nova Scotia! That is truly exciting news! Time is passing by - slowly but surely! We will make it back there before we know it!

The poll last week was "Due to the decling economy, should we desize the cottage to a 12x12?" Once again there were only 3 voters involved in this poll. But it was a unanimous decision! We will not be desizing the cottages! Just to let you know, this question was from Heath... but it was just a joke! He really was not being serious - he is just a big teaser. I think that it was a good question, though, given the times - but I do not want to make our small cottages any smaller.

The poll this week is also based on current events. I know that it is surprising coming from me since I do not watch the news or read the newspaper. But at least there is something called "The Internet!" It does keep you pretty up to date. Anyway, the poll is "Do you think we will have another stimulus check coming to help us pay for our cottages?"



Thank you very much Aunt Melanie for a suggestion for this blog! I will be posting some random pictures of 12 x 16 cottages/sheds/cabins. It is great to get an idea of what the potential is and what our cottages could look like. Here are 3 photos and there will be more to come!






Heath and I have a few colors in mind for our cabin - but our top choice at this time is "Woodleaf Green" exterior semi-transparent wood stain by Behr. It is a tad lighter than sage green. Green is my favorite color and just seems to be the logical choice. Here is a picture of a cabin with almost the right color. Not quite but close enough...



So about the colors and the mind games. Another week has passed and not a soul has contacted me with their color. So forget the mind games. I will just be very clear and give you all an ultimatum. Next week there will not be a blog without 1 person giving me their top color choice. I have tried to be nice and drop hints but NO MORE! You have all brought this on yourselves. The boxing gloves are coming off!



Onto a sweeter topic...the recipe for this week. I had the priviledge of tasting this incredible creation over Christmas. Amanda, my sister-in-law made it and I got the recipe from her. I really am not one for cakes, pastries, etc.. I am more of a cookie/ice-cream girl - but this cake is to die for. Literally. It is called "Sticky Toffee Pudding" but it is actually cake with a toffee syrup that goes over the top. Just try it sometime and you will not be disappointed.

Speaking of disappointment... I better not be disappointed next week.

8 comments:

Corey said...

Okay, okay. Check your email from me this week. The real test will be whether you actually check your email or not!

Melanie Brace said...

Even though it was my suggestion I must say I loved seeing those pictures of cabins. He makes the mind move in those directions with different possibilities. I can't wait until August!! Or how about a little sooner with a quick trip and the begining of some work?

Anonymous said...

Love the cartoons

Perky

Anonymous said...

We don't know what our color is going to be yet. I was not one of the ones that said I knew what color we were going to do it. I will have to consult some more with Steve and let you know when we make a decision.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I still check in; the first thing I noticed when I looked was that the days were under 200 as well. Exciting!

Anonymous said...

That cabin in the third picture was super,super nice! Wow! I think I would trade my bedroom for something like that.
Uncle Bill

Anonymous said...

It is my humble opinion that the blogger should blog more!
BB

Anonymous said...

Again, where is the blogger??? (I wish I had a German accent so it could sound just like the lady at the ticket office in Germany!
BB