Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Drama, Drama ...


OK... so despite the lack of information from any of you - I am back. I can't stay away forever! I've actually missed writing the blog and I think that is what has led me back. Back into your waiting arms - I hope! (=

Drama, Drama... the cartoon is the best that I could find! It may be shocking but I think that it is a fake gun that he is holding to his head - because he is in drama school after all! This week has had some drama in regards to the date of going to Nova Scotia. There has been emails, phone calls, and Facebook entries that centers around this issue. This is because now we know (for sure) that the teacher-pastor conference is a go. And that retreat is August 2-5. So that puts Uncle Bill, Aunt Sherrie, Uncle Kevin, Shawn, and Jen unable to go until at least Thursday 8/6/09. You might have noticed that I did not put Camille in the mix - since she will be officially retired at that time! (= With Shannon in Chelsea's wedding that is on August 2 - we had originally planned to go up to Nova Scotia right after Chelsea's wedding. However, with the retreat - it does not make sense to go up there to build the cottages with so few people in the beginning. We need to maximize the time we are up there with as many of us as possible - to be as efficient as we can with our building. Let alone, just wanting to be together as much as possible. Well, all of this posed a problem because of stupid nursing. Being a nurse equals needing to ask for your vacation time at least 6 months in advance. I had asked for the first 2 weeks of August off - and Shannon did as well. I thought that I could change my request - but that would force Shannon to do the same - and she would then have to buy 2 different plane tickets. Needless to say, it was not a great situation. But the positive is... that we both changed our requests and mine has already been approved. So the 2nd and 3rd weeks of August it is!!!!! It can not get here soon enough! Soon the calendar will look like this...

A U G U S T 2 0 0 9
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat






1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031

The last entry's poll was "Do you think we will have another stimulus check coming to help us pay for our cottages?" I forgot to vote again! Shame on me! There was 1 vote for yes and 1 vote for no. I'm not always current with my politics (as you all know) - so I'm pretty sure the jury is still out on this one. We shall see...

This week's poll is directed toward the ladies... "Look at all the lovely ladies..." (inside joke for us Copseys and Corey & Duncan) Anyway, the question is "Do you know what meal you will be cooking in Nova Scotia?" I could not think of a cottage-related question and it is 12:30 AM - so that might have something to do with it! I usually make a last minute decision for my meal - but I tried a recipe of my mother-in-law's last week and I think it will be perfect. But I can't say what it is yet! I mean, this is such an important, top-secret thing! (=


Here are a few more pictures of 12 x 16 cabins... Enjoy!





The recipe this week is from my new recipe program "Big Oven." Adam gave it to me for Christmas and it is awesome! This recipe is Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Parfait and it is one that I have not tried yet. It would be something perfect to eat in Novi - with all the great blueberries up there! If any of you end up trying it - just let me know how it turns out!


Everyone have a good week - Spring is coming and soon all the snow will melt away! Or for you Floridians... it will be 100 degrees soon! (=

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming back on! We've missed this! We are soooo looking forward to our time in Nova Scotia this summer. We are trying for 4 weeks this year--probably the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and first week of September ends Labor day weekend. I always hate to leave when the berries and vegetables are just beginning to come! Yummy.

Unknown said...

Shawn and I think the blueberry parfait sounds good, but minus the lemon. Maybe a vanilla flavor or something. =)About what I'm cooking, I don't know, but just mentioned that to Shawn the other day and he said I had plenty of time to figure it out. You know me always planning ahead. =)

Alison said...

Camille I actually thought the exact same thing about the lemon pudding! I almost posted the recipe with vanilla pudding - but I thought I better leave it how it was. Maybe we'll try it out this summer!

Corey said...

I'm so glad you're back. And I must say, I'm intrigued by what you are planning to cook. How about just a hint? What genre is it? Mexican? I've been trying a lot of new recipes lately so I should start sorting on whether any of them are suitable. Oh, by the way. I would be perfectly happy if you made the same thing this year as last year. I LOVED that haystack/taco whatever you want to call it thing.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Alison. I really love reading your blog because it's from you and because it's about Novi!!!I can't wait until August!!! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Alison, it has been way too long since you wrote a blog. I hope this does not become the norm. I expect now that we are getting closer to going to Nova Scotia that there will be more updates and more news. I personally think the lemon blueberry parfait sounds fabulous! I have no idea what I will be making in Nova Scotia. Like Corey, I am curious about what you are going to be making. I'm sure it will be great.