Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Short and Sweet...

Hello all! I have to admit that I do not have much this week to talk about. Big shocker - I did not get any news from any of you! But there is one thing that I have been looking forward to this week! And that is the Quarterly on Sunday. We will have a great time at the Imax and Maggiano's. I think I am probably the only one in the group that has never been to Maggiano's. We'll see if it lives up to all the hype! But most of all it will be great to see everyone.

The poll last week was "Do you know what meal you will be cooking in Nova Scotia?" There were 2 voters on this poll. One said "yes" and one said "no." Because I said last week that I had figured out my meal - I guess you can figure out who voted "yes!"

The poll this week is "Do you have all your money saved up for your cottage?" This is something that Heath and I have been talking about this week. We are not good at doing an exact budget - we just don't spend money on anything most of the time. But Heath's favorite phrase is "The money needs to come from somewhere." Oh, the fun "discussions" we have over money!

Here are some more pictures of 12 x 16 cottages or sheds...




In the spirit of last week, I want to continue the blueberry recipes. This week is "Blueberry Cream Smoothie." I have not tried it but found it online. It just reminds me of Nova Scotia! I know a lot of our family members are into smoothies - so I thought this one sounded good! Not exactly healthy - but I'm sure it tastes great!

And that is all I got guys! Short and sweet - but better than nothing, right? Till next week...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree that short and sweet is better than nothing. I can't wait for the quarterly either! I think Maggiano's will definitely live up to the hype. Is is so good! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Alison I always appreciate the time you put in to your blog and yes it will be wonderful to see everyone on Sunday (except Rad and Jen) who unexpectedly had to go to MI for Jen's aunt's funeral. I could not believe how many days the count down is to. Shocking!

Anonymous said...

I see the weather up in Arichat is a balmy 18 degrees! If the Lord doesn't come soon, I will be staying in that neck of the woods for a couple of months each summer. (Don't tell Melanie.) Looking forward to this summer. Hoping to stay three weeks this time.
Thanks for getting back on. Had a nice time today at the Quarterly.
BB