Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is the Excitement Over??


Time for the weekly update! Every week that comes I think, "What can I possibly write about this time?" But things do come up and seem to fill the blog! But, please don't forget to email me or call me with any information that you have about the cottages!


Last week's poll was "Do you want your door to be in the middle or on the side?" The middle won out with a clean sweep of a whopping 3 votes. What is happening to our participation? Is no one reading the blog anymore? Come on - is what we had feared coming true? Is the excitement truly wearing off? Say it ain't so!!!!

THE WINNER!!

This week's poll is "What type of floors are you thinking of?" The choices are hardwood flooring, tile, carpet, or plywood (which is what the cottages will be made out of). It will be interesting to see what people's preferences are! Obviously, I'm assuming Kelly and Steve will use the piece of carpet they purchased at a yard sale!

Speaking of interior decorating, here are a few floorplans that we played around with. This is to scale - so we could actually fit these things in our 12' x 16' cottages! Posted this week are the choices from the Braces, the Conrads, and the Grodacks. Stay tuned next week for the Edwards and Devin's!!


This is Shawn and Camille's choice. The smaller-looking bed is a set of bunk beds. They are thinking ahead! The tan "box" is a dresser. And they have a refrigerator doubling as an end table! Great way to be efficient on space!

This is Steve and Kelly's adaptation. As you can see - they went buck wild with a table and chairs! And they have 2 dressers, including a larger one with a mirror!

This is Corey, Duncan, and Calleigh's home! Just so you know, the blue "box" is a crib for Calleigh! Notice their placement of the bed to maximize the room space!

The weekend that I have been waiting for has arrived! The North Country Auction! There is a fabulous auction in Ossipee/Tamworth area that occurs every few months. We have gotten some wonderful things there over the years for great deals. Unfortunately, it seems every time they have it - I manage to be working! )= There almost always are windows/doors/tools at every auction. The very sad thing is that Heath will most likely not be attending either, because he has been trying to backpack Mount Washington with his father for the past month. It has been raining nearly every weekend but I believe they are really going to go this weekend. So if anyone wants to go to the auction - just let me know and I can give you directions. I know most of the Southern New England folk are coming up next weekend, so two weekends in a row might be too much - but I would just like to give out the info anyway. The website is www.northcountry-auctions.com - here is a list of what will be at the auction and photos of some of the items being sold! Maybe we can get a group of us to go together next auction!

PARTIAL LIST TO INCLUDE:
Heavy Equipment * Boats * Auto’s * Snowmobiles * Motorcycles * (3) Forklifts * Trailers * (4) 40' 10" I-Beams * Lawn & Garden * Automotive/Woodworking tools * Golf Cart * Power Sweeper * Shelving * Antique Farm Tools/Equip. * Sleighs/Buggies * Building Materials * $30,000+- New/Store returns to include: Lawn furniture, Fountains, Patio furniture, Lighting, AC units, Tools, House wares, Etc. * Misc. Furniture/House wares * Crafts * Office Furniture * Display Racks * Wood Stoves * Much more coming in at press time!

Wouldn't a trunk look great in our cottages?

We could use one of these for the lake!

Wouldn't these look great on our front porches?

8 comments:

Shawn Brace said...

I don't think we have lost our excitement about the cottages! I just know there are other things happening as well. But keep writing! I'm reading faithfully (as is Camille).

By the way, I don't know that Camille ever discussed our floor plan with me, really. I didn't sign off on the exact design that she seemed to agree on!!

See you tonight.

Anonymous said...

Alison, I'm reading though not always commenting. The excitement is still there. Keep it up!

Melanie Brace said...

I signed the previous one it the wrong place. It's me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison,
First time caller. Your blog is fantastic! Keep it going. Aunt Sherrie and I are excited about being back in NS next year. Can't wait to see the neighborhood take shape. Observation. I saw that there was not a crib in the Conrad floor plan? Keep it up cousins. Aunt Sherrie wants to know if she should post her spaghetti fest for summer of 09? Alison, please start a second survey. The survey should ask if anyone has ideas for Aunt Sherrie's meal choices. Should she stay with spaghetti fest or branch out into something else?

Keep it up, Uncle Kevin.

Anonymous said...

Al, I'm still excited too, even though I don't always comment. I think more people read the blog than you know, and they are just not commenting. I think you are doing a great job, although it probably will be hard to keep thinking of things to write about for the next 11 months. Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Alison said...

Thank you Uncle Kevin for your comments!! I know what to poll for next week - tell Aunt Sherrie that I will be calling before Wednesday to get some options to choose from!! I hope you guys read the earlier posts from the archive section!!

Anonymous said...

I believe the Walls were at our house when Uncle Kevin posted. One suggestion was to have spaghetti fest with alternate toppings besides spaghetti sauce such as alfredo and/or pesto!

I am a faithful reader--you are doing a good job. Perhaps we should expand alittle more and include general Nova Scotia news--like Uncle Charlie and I finding out about the little bakery with D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S cookies that are sold right at Lockside!

Lori

Alison said...

I love the idea, Aunt Lori to keep this blog flowing with info. So any Nova Scotia news will be great!!