Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Fair is a Comin'

Hello again! This week is very exciting for me and I have been waiting for it to come for the past year! This is because a big group of us will be together this weekend for a good ol' fashioned country fair! The Fryeburg Fair is spectacular in all aspects - but you can always find nice knick-knacks for your home for a bargain. So everyone keep your eyes open for things we can get for our cottages! Can't wait for all of us to get together! I'm sure there will be plenty of talk about the cottages and Nova Scotia in general!

The poll last week was "What type of flooring are you thinking of?" The choices were hardwood flooring, tile, carpet, or plywood. Again, 2 weeks running - there was a huge total of 3 votes! But the only difference this week - is that there was a 3 way tie between hardwood floors, tile, and carpet. No clear favorite - so our cottages will be unique and have different feels! I have been complaining a tad about the participation but I have to admit that I forgot to vote this week! It was probably a good thing because I have no idea how I would have answered!

Continuing with the theme of interior decorating, the new poll this week is "What do you want for window treatments?" I realize that this is quite a "girly" question but you guys are just going to have to deal with it! The choices are curtains, blinds, shades, or unknown. Because of my own ambivalence with last week's question, I felt I had to add the "unknown." Here are some pics for visuals!

Here are some pictures of the dresser and end table that Heath and I plan to bring up to the cottage next year. We bought them when we first got married at the Christmas Tree Shop! They have lasted longer than we originally thought! When we bought our new bedroom set 2 years ago - I painted them to go in our guest room upstairs. Hopefully, we will be redecorating that room soon and should not miss the pieces.



Some news from the Cape: During some incredible yard-saling recently, a great buy was secured. Toni found them and Mimi purchased them. We were in need of curtains in the eating room in the main cabin. Well, the need is no longer a need! Here are the 9 curtains and they were bought for only $10! Some of them need hemming because they are too long - and that is a project that I will finish by next summer. There might be a few curtains left over that may be available for the cottages. First come, first serve!!!!!


As promised, here are the floor plans from the Edwards and Devin. Devin's is quite unique but ours actually was never really finished - but this is what we have so far!

Notice the crib in the Edwards cottage! We are thinking positively!

Do you see the sink in Dev's cottage? That is a whole other discussion!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Al, another good posting! I can't wait for this weekend to see everybody! It should be a lot of fun, although it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate...again! Last weekend I scored a pretty good bargain while we were yard-saling. I bought a mini-fridge for our cottage...for $15!! I was very excited. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Kelly and I certainly were excited to find the frig last week especially since we saw the same one later on for $60 at another yard sale. It is a mini-fridge but is the same size as the one we have on the landing going up to our room. Very nice. We were some excited! I might add the younger married Cases also got a queen Aerobed last week while we were yard saleing!

Anonymous said...

I guess I am very tired because I clicked the last comment before I put my name in--it was me!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, does anyone want to volunteer to build my cabin, just thought I would throw it out there!