Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Shed Happens..."

Another week has passed - and it has been a fun one! The Fryeburg Fair weekend has come and gone but at least we have some pictures for the memories. A great time was had by all - despite the rainy weather. God held off the downpours for most of the day. The highlights that we did as a group were the pig scramble (of course), watching sheep dog trials, soup-in-a-bun, and seeing a 12' x 16' cottage! It was a true cottage and not just a shed! It had an enclosed porch (with a porch swing), carpeting, finished pine walls, and countertops with cabinets. I have to say that it was quite impressive. It was so impressive to Uncle Bill that he made comments that he would not mind to get a cottage built for himself and Aunt Melanie! See, we will be the envy of the parents- who are living in the "big house!" When you see the pictures, keep in mind that our cottages will have a higher, steeper pitched roof - so our ceilings will be taller. Heath and I took brochures from the company - which is called "Shed Happens, Inc." The website is www.shedhappens.com. I got a kick out of the name - hopefully I am not the only one! The asking price for the fully furnished cottage that was shown at the fair is $15,900. We didn't have the heart to tell the guy that we would be building ours for about $2000. Of course, we will not be starting with all the bells and whistles - but you never know what will happen down the road.







The poll last week was "What do you want for window treatments?" The choices were curtains, blinds, shades, or unknown. For the 3rd week straight, there were 3 votes total! Shades won out with 2 votes to the 1 vote for blinds. Interesting, interesting...

The poll this week should not be a surprise to the faithful reader of this blog. Uncle Kevin had made a comment 2 weeks ago regarding a new poll question. After discussing this with both Uncle Kevin and Aunt Sherrie - it has come down to this. "What should Aunt Sherrie make for her meal next year?" The choices are Spaghetti Fest 2009, lentil patties, or soup. I think any of these choices sound delicious!




Speaking of delicious, I made Aunt Bertha's sugar cookies last week and they are to die for! I have always preferred sugar cookies to ANY TYPE of cookie but I promise that I am not biased. The recipe makes 40 cookies and I admit that I ate probably 30 of the 40. Heath was away on business! They are easy to make and if anyone has a chance to try them - you will not be sorry! I also tried the Warm Chicken Salad - and Heath and I thoroughly enjoyed it - even though it was not as good as Aunt Lori's!

Well, I think I will end here. I have to save some info for next week! And I need to stop and concentrate on the Red Sox game now. It's the 4th inning and they are losing 1-0. I'm feeling like they need my full support and undivided attention! Go Sox!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison I know I'm your mother, but you do a good job on your blog. I read it with interest every week. Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you! Mom

Corey said...

Al, love the title! It's a real attention getter. Boy, that shed really makes you dream of what could be, doesn't it? Someday, someday. As for the poll, I think you forgot the fourth option which is she could make PB&J just as long as she's actually there!