Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Series is Ov-ah!

Hello all! As I am writing this, I am watching Game 5 of the World Series. I had stated that I was not going to watch a second of the Series, but who am I kidding? I am wanting the Rays to lose as bad as I would want the Yankees to lose. And I am not going to watch any baseball for about 5 months, so I have to get my last fix in. There is 1 out in the 9th, with the Phillies winning 4-3. They should have this in the bag with their closer in.

The poll question last week was "How long are you planning to be in Nova Scotia next year?" There were 4 choices - but obviously not nearly enough. The Cases will be there for 4 weeks and Shawn/Camille will be there for about 10 days. Sorry guys that I did not have those as choices! Anyway, 2 weeks was the most popular choice with 3 votes. Longer, of course, is better - but many people have come up for only a few days or a weekend. I know we will take whatever we can when it comes to going to Nova Scotia.

Just a side note... The Phillies just won the World Series! I'm so glad it was them. But all I can say is that we would have smoked them if we had made it!
The new poll this week is "Do you want a regular door or a rustic door?" Meaning, is your door going to be made of metal or made of wood? Don't be worried if you don't know how to make a door... if you want your door to be wood I know that there are a couple of guys that can make this dream come true!

Regular door?

or

Rustic door?


GREAT BIG NEWS OUT OF THE CAPE!!!! Hear ye, Hear ye... Steve has purchased windows from Craig's List for the cottages! There are 10 of them and they are storm windows. Of course, they are not for the taking... they are spoken for. Steve/Kelly and Jen/Rad are all set for next year! This is a big deal and it is such a big deal that this blog will be featuring this story next week also. Pictures will be coming for next week! So stay tuned!

I'm sorry folks, but that is all I've got this week. My allergies are horrible today and I have probably sneezed 50 times over this laptop while trying to write this. I feel like my head is going to explode. So I'm going to try to hit the hay early! Talk to you next week!

7 comments:

Shawn Brace said...

Man . . . I am waiting with baited breath for more news on Kelly and Steve's windows!!

Alison said...

Funny, funny Shawn!!

Anonymous said...

You asked for it Shawn...the news is that the windows were actually free. I guess Alison missed that part when I told her. That makes the story better!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Alison for informing me that my children got windows for Nova Scotia! Guess you can't tell that we are all quite busy around here!

Anonymous said...

I just have a question about the door situation. Which door would be harder for a bear to open?

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Good job with the windows. The cabins look great!!!!

Hope to see you all soon

Stop by if you make it to Paradise!!

Perky

Shawn Brace said...

It's 11:05 PM on Wednesday night. Where is our Cousin Cottages update???

We demand it!