Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fair Odds and Ends...

This week is a challenge for me! I am seriously having a hard time coming up with material ... so I'm feeling like this one might be a bit short. Please help me out next week! Thank you in advance!

The poll last week was "What should Aunt Sherrie make for her meal next year?" The choices were Spaghetti Fest 2009, Lentil patties, or Soup. There was a wonderful, exciting, 6 votes this week! Finally, we have broken the string of only 3 voters! That makes me encouraged - keep voting! Back to the results... And the winner was ... Spaghetti Fest with 3 votes! Lentil patties received 2 votes and only 1 lonely vote for soup! Can't wait for next year for the feast that will be before us!

The poll this week is "Should our porches be covered or open?" I thought of this question while seeing the cottage at the Fryeburg Fair nearly 2 weeks ago. I have to say that the enclosed porch was pretty spectacular, but I know that it will cost more money. Do you guys think that it might be worth it? I will have to get a quote from Heath about what we would be talking about...

Covered?

Or Open?

Continuing with the fair... here is a picture of what Corey says she wants on her porch! I guess that the enclosed porch would be great for a spa because if it rained then you could still use it! Given the fabulous weather we enjoyed this past year - that is definitely something to consider. It was so rainy, cold, and uncomfortable - wouldn't slipping into a hot tub just do the trick?

I could live with this...

Besides the giant donut, soup-in-a-bun, french fries, pizza, and a burrito that I got at the fair...I did manage to buy something for the Edwards' cottage! It was only $5.00 and it was just what I was looking for. I'm not talking about another Red Sox hat - but I did get one of those too! It is just the "country" type of thing that I wanted and not for a bad price, either! Check it out!

Well, that's all I got folks. Tune in next week for hopefully something more substantial! Go Sox!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Son of A, I'm the one who voted for soup!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the orzo recipe--I had liked it very much. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged! Why don't you throw in a few political polls (anonymous of course)since we are so close to the election!