Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Time Sure Flies...

Hello from gloomy New England! Autumn might be here in all its glory and it is truly beautiful... but the Sox being one loss away from the end of their season just makes things seem dark. Throw in there the beating the Patriots took on Sunday night and you could get down-right depressed! However, there is still a small (but improbable) chance that they could beat all odds again. Maybe this day off will stop the Rays' roll and we might find our mojo again! One can only hope!

The poll last week was "Should our porches be covered or open?" With 5 votes, it was a dead tie between the two choices and one person was undecided. I think that just having a porch at all will be great! But this is something that will be an on-going discussion - probably for next year. We will have our hands full building the cottages - that I doubt we will get to building the porches too! We'll see... maybe our men will work as speed demons - with our help, of course!

The poll this week is an idea from Aunt Lori. Thank you for a suggestion! The question is "While in Nova Scotia next year, who do you want our president to be?" It is getting very close to the end of the constant ads, debates, signs, and phone calls... and the nation will be choosing the next president. So who will be getting your vote? McCain or Obama? Or neither one? It will be interesting to see what comes out of this poll... (=













WHICH ONE WILL YOU CHOOSE??

Kelly and Steve found a great bargain at... yes, you guessed it... another yard sale!!!! They got a refrigerator for their cottage for $15 and it is not a tiny one either! Great find guys! That will be very well utilized! Here are a couple photos of the purchase.



A final thought this week is something very exciting to me! I don't know if you noticed... but take a look at the countdown! IT IS UNDER 300 DAYS UNTIL WE GO BACK TO NOVA SCOTIA! Time is flying by us and next thing we know... we will be back to our beloved Novi! Can't wait!

5 comments:

Shawn Brace said...

I'm assuming that the "I don't plan to vote" option is solely for you!

Perhaps next week's poll can be: which aunt and uncle (or parents, in our case) should give up their room for Shawn and Camille and their new edition!!! Of course, we haven't made the "new edition" public knowledge yet, but by next week it certainly will be.

Anonymous said...

The question is--who is going to go up in May or June and make the first two cabins for the Grodacks and Braces? I will be happy to go along and do some cooking! I might even swing a hammer. This is a tough one seeing there really is only one true builder in the Brace group.
Alison--I want you to know I did notice on my own that it was under 300 days as well!

Anonymous said...

Alison, I also noticed that it was already under 300 days, and I was very excited about that! Time is definitely flying by! We'll be back there before we know it!

Corey said...

Shawn, I wouldn't assume the "I don't plan to vote is just for Alison." I know some relatives down here that aren't going to be voting either. I think they're using the excuse that it's too much trouble to do an absentee ballot.

Speaking of voting, it's interesting that three people have left comments here before mine but only two of those three voted in the pool since I was the third person. Hmmm.

Alison, I have to take umberage with your taco salad recipe. I, BY FAR, prefer taco salad with corn chips instead of Fritos. I hate Fritos!

Am I a fairweather fan if I tell you that it's 8:10 and I haven't turned on the Sox game yet?

Unknown said...

I am loving the refrigerator Kelly and Steve. It looks like it's perfect!