Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Schmelection...


Hello again! It is the day after the election in a brand new America. After a historic night, it is hard to put into words what this means for the US. Despite my "no voting" policy, Heath and I actually voted yesterday. It was Heath's first time voting ever - and it was only my second time. New Hampshire was supposed to be a possible "swing state" for McCain - so we tried to do our part for the Republican party. So much for that! Unfortunately, our 2 measley votes did not do squat to prevent Obama's victory. Even though I am definitely not an Obama supporter, I could not help being emotional and touched by the moment when he took the stage with his family for his speech. Knowing that after all this time and prejudices that have taken place - an African-American is now in the highest position of power. I think everyone can apprecite this moment in history. So despite what our poll was a few weeks back about who we wanted for President - next summer when we go back to Novi - our Commander-in-Chief will be Barack Obama. I know at least of 1 person in our "group" that is over the moon about it! (=

The poll last week was "Do you want a regular door or a rustic door?" The rustics won out with 3 votes and the regular door got 1 vote. Because of her comment last week, I'm curious if the regular door voter was Shannon! It seems that she is concerned that wild animals (mostly bears) could break down the wooden door! I guess the rest of us are undaunted... so it looks like Steve and Heath could be busy making doors after all the building is done! Looking forward to that!

The poll this week is pretty straight-forward. Shutters or no shutters? A pair of regular shutters range from $20-40 at Home Depot. Just so you know what kind of money we are talking about! It is something that we might be able to find at yard sales or on Craig's List. Obviously, there would not be a space problem with the cottage design with one window on the front. But with the two windows... it might be a little tight! If you like the look of the shutters - you might have to go with the one window in the front design. Food for thought...

With shutters...

Or without shutters????


Speaking of Craig's List, I am sure that everyone has been waiting all week for the update on the Conrad's windows! So I misunderstood Kelly with the first bit of information on the windows. Steve got the 10 windows for free!!!! How exciting is that? It is so exciting that the blog will be covering this story for a 3rd week in a row - because the pictures were not available this week. We will just have to keep waiting for those pics!

"Good things come to those who wait"

3 comments:

Shawn Brace said...

Perhaps my favorite thing about your blog is the random pictures that go along with your little ideas/sayings (like the dog with the bone on his nose)! How funny.

Who among us voted for Obama??

I think it was actually Camille who voted for the regular door. I originally voted for rustic, and then she came along and reversed my vote. I don't know what she's thinking! I am not at all in favor of a regular door.

Corey said...

Okay, I think you need to out the dissenter among us. Please tell me it isn't one of my dearly beloved relatives. That would be a devestating blow. Oh wait. I just remembered who it is. Never mind. I still love the person anyway :)

Alison said...

Shawn - there isn't much to this blog anymore... so the little pictures that I find will have to suffice!! Corey - good detective work!! (=